If you require a repeat prescription please could you give us at least 2 working days to get your prescription ready (not counting a weekend or bank holiday).
Requests may be made as follows:-
- By returning the computerised repeat slip by post or in person . If you wish your prescription posting back, please include a stamped addressed envelope.
- Emailing the Surgery: email@example.com
- If you are a dispensing patient please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online via the link at the top of this page. You will need to register for this service by asking reception to print your access details
If you are on regular repeat medication, you will be asked to attend for check-ups. This is to ensure that the medication is still working effectively and safely, and that your care cannot be improved in any way.
In case of emergency we will always try to dispense within 24 hours on request. However please give us 48 hours notice if at all possible.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here.
All patients living more than 1.5 miles from a dispensing chemist will be eligible to collect their medication from the surgery dispensary. The dispensary is open during surgery hours 8.00 - 1.00 , 2.00 - 6.00pm. We would ask patients to avoid 1.00-2.00pm during our dispensers lunch break. If you would like to pick up your medication from the surgery and live more then 1.5 miles from a chemist, please speak to a member of the dispensary or reception teams.
During the year you may be asked to have a face-to-face meeting with one of our dispensers for them to undertake a quick review of your medication, this is a requirement of their job so we would welcome your co-operation. The meeting should not take more than a few minutes and would be arranged at a mutually convenient day/time.
Advanced Ordering Facility
This is an option for all patients, at the time of collecting your medication you now have the option to book your next supply. This means that you will not need to contact the surgery again until your collection date, as the dispenser will be responsible for generating your repeat medication. This is particularly useful for patients that have a regular 28 day supply.
Please ask for more information when you next see the dispenser.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.